1. Janet Fielding is an Australian actress, known for her role in the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who as companion Tegan Jovanka.
2. Between 1981 and 1984 Fielding played the part of Tegan Jovanka, a companion of the Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker, and later of the Fifth Doctor, played by Peter Davison.
3. In 1991 Fielding gave up acting to take up an administrative position with Women in Film and Television UK. After leaving her position with the group, Fielding worked as a theatrical agent, at one point representing Paul McGann when he took the role of the Eighth Doctor.
4. She returned to acting and the role of Tegan for Big Finish Productions audio plays including The Gathering alongside Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor.
5. In the past she showed reluctance to reprise the role, but has confirmed that she will be appearing as Tegan in further audio stories in the future.
6. She is Project Co-ordinator for Project MotorHouse, a charity based in Ramsgate, UK which aims to regenerate the local West Cliff Hall building into an exciting mixed-use venue, where people of all ages can enjoy themselves and where Thanet’s young people can be introduced to a business culture and get the hands-on experience they need, to feel confident about starting their own businesses.
7. Although she has avoided fan conventions in the past, Fielding appeared at the Supanova Pop Culture convention at the Gold Coast in Australia during April 2012.
8. Fielding organised two Doctor Who conventions for 2013 to help raise funds for Project MotorHouse.
9. In August 2013 Fielding contributed to the one-off special show Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor in an interview segment with other companions and Doctors, and appeared in the 50th anniversary comedy homage The Five Doctors Reboot.