1. Rosie Tran is an American stand-up comedian, model, actress, writer, and podcast host.
2. Tran was born and raised in Algiers, New Orleans to Vietnamese immigrants.
3. Her father is a retired biomedical engineer and author, Tran Bich San.
4. Her mother is the former Miss Saigon and owned a beauty and nail salon.
5. She attended the academically prestigious Benjamin Franklin Senior High School and moved to Los Angeles to pursue a professional career in entertainment.
6. She received her M.A. in Television and Film from California State University, Los Angeles.
7. Tran has been a featured performer at Funny Fest and the Great Plains Saskatoon Comedy Festivals in Canada, Boston International Comedy and Movie Festival, in the U.S. She is a contributing writer to various joke book series, is a regular guest on National Lampoon Comedy Radio, and is often featured on the Comedy Time Network, as well as being a regular guest on many popular podcasts.
8. Tran was a Los Angeles area finalist on season six of the NBC show, Last Comic Standing.
9. She recently began working as a featured performer on various USO tours overseas for the US Military, including trips to Iraq, Kuwait, and Europe.
10. In 2013, Rosie Tran, began hosting her own podcast, Out of the Box, where she interviews and talks with political figures and activists, internet celebrities, porn stars, comedians, artists, and other out of the box personalities and thinkers.
11. Her podcast is a Stitcher Radio favorite, and was featured as a top new podcast.