1. She first gained notice for her role as Daenerys Targaryen in the HBO series Game of Thrones, for which she received three Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
2. She has starred in such films as the science fiction film Terminator Genisys .
3. Screen International magazine named her as one of the “UK Stars of Tomorrow”.
4. In 2010 Clarke was cast as Daenerys Targaryen in the HBO medieval fantasy series Game of Thrones, based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin.
5. She was cast after fellow British actress Tamzin Merchant was replaced for undisclosed reasons.
6. The show debuted in April 2011 to positive reviews and was quickly picked up by the network for a second season. She has appeared in all six broadcast seasons, and is attached to the seventh.
7. Clarke won the 2011 EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for her role as Daenerys.
8. In May 2014, it was announced that she had joined the feature film Garden of Last Days alongside James Franco, but the movie was scrapped two weeks before production was due to begin.
9. Clarke was offered the role of Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey but turned down the part because of the nudity required.
10. In 2016, Clarke starred as the female lead, opposite Sam Claflin, in the movie adaption of the best selling book , Me Before You, propuštěn 3 June 2016.
11. The two broke up after approximately six months but remain friends.
12. Clarke has been nominated three times for a Primetime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Game of Thrones.