1. Modine, nejmladší ze sedmi dětí, was born in Loma Linda, California, the son of Dolores , a bookkeeper, and Mark Alexander Modine, who managed drive-in theaters.
2. He is a nephew of a stage actress Nola Modine Fairbanks, and the great-grandson of the prospector and pioneer Ralph Jacobus Fairbanks. Modine lived in Utah for several years, moving every year or two.
3. The drive-in theaters his father managed were being torn down because the land beneath them exceeded the value of the theaters.
4. After graduation, Matthew moved to New York City to pursue his interests in art and theatre.
5. Modine appeared in the sex comedy Private School, co-starring Phoebe Cates and Betsy Russell.
6. In 1990, he led the cast of Memphis Belle, a fictionalized account of the famous B-17 Flying Fortress.
7. Modine has twice been nominated for an Emmy Award: První, for his performance in And the Band Played On , and then for the dark comedy What the Deaf Man Heard.
8. In 2017, he and his Stranger Things castmates won the prestigious Screen Actors Guild Best Ensemble Award.
9. In 1995, he appeared opposite Geena Davis in the romantic action-adventure film Cutthroat Island.
10. Králičí, which came after the success of three short films debuting at the Sundance Film Festival: When I Was a Boy , Smoking written by David Sedaris, and Ecce Pirate written by Modine.
11. His dark comedy, I Think I Thought, debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival.
12. Other short films include To Kill an American, Kovboj, and The Love Film.
13. In 2011, he completed Jesus Was a Commie, an avant garde-dialectical conversation about the world and the prominent issues of modern society.
14. Modine co-directed the short film with Terence Ziegler, the editor of I Think I Thought.
15. In 2003, he guest starred in The West Wing episode, “The Long Goodbye”.