1. Hudgens rose to prominence playing Gabriella Montez in the High School Musical series. Hudgens has also appeared in various films and television series for the Disney Channel.
2. She had her feature film debut in the 2003 film Thirteen, a teenage drama in which Hudgens had a supporting role.
3. She had mainstream success following the release of the High School Musical trilogy, and her relationship with co-star Zac Efron was heavily publicized.
4. Her appearance in the series helped make her a household name.
5. Songs from the films also charted worldwide, s písní “Breaking Free” peaking inside the Top 10 v hitparádě Billboard Hot 100.
6. This led to Hudgens releasing her debut album, V, on September 26, 2006 which entered the Billboard 200 at number 24, and was later certified Gold.
7. Since the release of her albums and the High School Musical franchise, Hudgens has focused on her acting career.
8. In 2009, she earned critical acclaim for her role in the film Bandslam. She has also appeared in the film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island alongside Dwayne Johnson and Josh Hutcherson.
9. She later appeared in the film Spring Breakers , alongside Selena Gomez.
10. Hudgens also appeared in the film Machete Kills, directed by Robert Rodriguez, and played the title role in the Broadway musical Gigi in 2015.
11. Hudgens was born in Salinas, California, and has lived with her parents along the West Coast, from Oregon to Southern California.
12. Hudgens had her first acting role in an episode of the sitcom Still Standing, Following her appearance on the series, she guest starred in an episode of the series Robbery Homicide Division, airing on CBS in 2002. 2003 saw Hudgens making her theatrical debut in the 2003 drama film Thirteen, in which she had the supporting role of Noel.
13. Film, which revolved around teenager Tracy trying to fit in and getting caught up in the wrong crowd, was somewhat of a commercial success, grossing $10 million worldwide.
14. Despite its minor commercial success, the film received positive critical reviews.
15. It has an 82% “fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and USA Today called Thirteen the most “powerful of all recent wayward-youth sagas”. Hudgens subsequently landed a role in the 2004 science fiction-adventure film Thunderbirds, based on the television series of the same name.
16. The film was a commercial failure and was strongly criticized for “abandoning the original concepts”.
17. In 2005, Hudgens was awarded the lead role of Gabriella Montez in the Disney Channel Original Movie High School Musical.