1. He first gained notice for his breakout role in the comedy-drama film The Station Agent .
2. Seit 2011, Dinklage has portrayed Tyrion Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
3. For this he won the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2011, and a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Mini-Serie oder Fernsehfilm in 2012, as well as consecutive Emmy nominations from 2011 An 2016, going on to win a second Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2015.
4. In 2017, Dinklage became one of the highest paid actors on television and earned US$1.1 million per episode of Game of Thrones.
5. Dinklage was born in Morristown, New-Jersey, He was born with achondroplasia, a common form of dwarfism.
6. Dinklage got his first taste of theatrical success in a fifth grade production of The Velveteen Rabbit.
7. He then attended Bennington College, where he appeared in numerous productions before graduating in 1991. After that he moved to New York City with his friend Ian Bell, with a vision to build a theater company.
8. Dinklage made his film debut in Living in Oblivion as a frustrated actor with dwarfism who complains about his clichéd roles, where he played alongside Steve Buscemi.
9. After a recommendation from Buscemi to the director Alexandre Rockwell, Dinklage was then cast in the comedy 13 Moons . for which he received Independent Spirit and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations for Best Actor.
10. In 2005, he starred in the short-lived CBS science fiction series Threshold and appeared as a wedding planner in the comedy film The Baxter.
11. He also made an appearance in the adventure comedy-drama film Lassie as a traveling circus performer.
12. In 2006, Dinklage appeared in the courtroom drama Find Me Guilty and as Marlowe Sawyer in episodes of Nip/Tuck.
13. He played himself in one episode of the HBO television series Entourage and appeared in the NBC series 30 Fels.
14. Dinklage appeared in the 2007 British comedy film Death at a Funeral, reprising the role in the 2010 American remake.
15. Später in 2007, he played the villainous Simon Bar Sinister in Underdog.
16. He joked, “George Martin, our author, is probably going to kill my character soon because I mentioned that.”