1. Por lo general se cree como Cheryl McFadden cuando se trabaja como coreógrafo y Gates McFadden cuando se trabaja como actriz.
2. She is best known for playing Dr. Beverly Crusher in the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series and in the four subsequent films.
3. She attended Brandeis University graduating with a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in theatre arts.
4. After graduating from Brandeis, she moved to Paris and studied theatre with actor Jacques Lecoq.
5. As a way of distinguishing her acting work from her choreography, she is usually credited as “Gates McFadden” as an actress and “Cheryl McFadden” as a choreographer.
6. En 1987, McFadden was cast as Dr. Beverly Crusher on Star Trek: La próxima generación.
7. Series creator Gene Roddenberry admitted that the Dr. Pulaski character did not develop a chemistry with the other characters, so McFadden was approached to return as Dr. Crusher for the third season.
8. McFadden reprised her role for all four TNG movies and also provided her voice for PC games Star Trek: A Final Unity and Star Trek Generations.
9. McFadden co-starred in the 1990 comedy Taking Care of Business starring James Belushi, and fellow Next Generation alumnus, John de Lancie .
10. En 1992, she appeared alongside fellow cast members Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, and Colm Meaney in a production of Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, which was performed in four cities.
11. También actuó en el 1995 television series Marker with Richard Grieco and appeared in the made-for-television movie Crowned and Dangerous with Yasmine Bleeth in 1997.