1. She is best known for her roles as Nurse Christine Chapel in the original Star Trek series and Lwaxana Troi on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Espacio profundo nueve, as well as for being the voice of most onboard computer interfaces throughout the series.
2. She became the second wife of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.
3. Roddenberry and she were married in Japan on August 6, 1969, after the cancellation of the original Star Trek series.
4. They had one son together, Eugene “Barra de” Roddenberry, Jr., nacido en 1974.
5. She attended Shaker Heights High School, graduarse en 1950 before going on to the University of Miami in Coral Gables, La Florida, then had some stage roles and came to Hollywood.
6. He was killed in the line of duty in 1955 while Majel was touring with an off-Broadway road company. She was briefly seen in Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? .
7. She worked at the Desilu Studios on several TV shows, including Bonanza, The Untouchables, The Lucy Show, and The Lieutenant .
8. In various roles, Barrett participated in every incarnation of the popular science fiction Star Trek franchise produced during her lifetime, including live-action and animated versions, television and cinema, and all of the time periods in which the various series have been set.
9. Her role in subsequent episodes of Star Trek was altered to that of blonde Nurse Christine Chapel, a frequently recurring character, known for her unrequited affection for the dispassionate Spock.
10. Barrett returned years later in Star Trek: La próxima generación, cast as the outrageously self-assertive, iconoclastic Betazoid ambassador Lwaxana Troi, who appeared as a recurring character in the series.
11. Her character often vexed the captain of the Enterprise, Jean-Luc Picard, who spurned her amorous advances.
12. She later appeared as Ambassador Troi in several episodes of Star Trek: Espacio profundo nueve, where her character developed a strong relationship with Constable Odo.
13. She provided the regular voice of the onboard computers of Federation starships for Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: La próxima generación, Star Trek: Espacio profundo nueve, Star Trek: Voyager, and most of the Star Trek movies.
14. She also lent her voice to various computer games and software related to the franchise.