1. Manning made her film debut in the teen drama Crazy/Beautiful , which garnered her mainstream attention.
2. Manning has also had recurring roles in television on Sons of Anarchy and Hawaii Five-0, and plays the role of Tiffany “Pennsatucky” Doggett in the Netflix original series Orange Is the New Black.
3. Taryn Manning was born in Falls Church, Virginia, Manning grew up living in a trailer park with her brother and single mother, who supported the family on a strict income.
4. Manning began acting in the late 1990s, appearing in small roles in several film and television productions, including episodes of The Practice, Get Real, Speedway Junky, NYPD Blue and Popular.
5. She also made a guest-appearance on the TV series Boston Public, in a role that was specifically written for her.
6. Tässä 1999, she was featured in an independent film called Speedway Junky.
7. She also auditioned for the American version of Popstars, which aired in early 2001 on The WB.
8. She made her film debut with a part in the romantic drama Crazy/Beautiful, which was followed by a role in the 2002 feature film Crossroads, where she played one of two best friends of singer Britney Spears.
9. Her breakthrough role was as Nola, a prostitute in Memphis, Tennessee, Tässä 2005 film Hustle & Virtaus.
10. “There are some people who put on trashy like a wardrobe, and Taryn can play those roles with dignity and earnestness,” Brewer said of Manning.