1. Beginning his career with a long run with the Royal Shakespeare Company, Stewart received the 1979 Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in Antony and Cleopatra on the West End.
2. Vuonna 1980, Stewart began working in American television and film, with roles such as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation and its successor films, as Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men series of superhero movies, the lead of the Starz TV series Blunt Talk, and voice roles such as CIA Deputy Director Avery Bullock in American Dad!.
3. Having remained with the Royal Shakespeare Company, Tässä 2008 Stewart played King Claudius in Hamlet on the West End and won a second Olivier Award.
4. Tässä 1993, TV Guide named Stewart the Best Dramatic Television Actor of the 1980s. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on 16 Joulukuuta 1996.
5. Tässä 2010, Stewart was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for services to drama.
6. Patrick Stewart was born on 13 Heinäkuuta 1940 in the West Riding of Yorkshire, Englanti, to Gladys , a weaver and textile worker, and Alfred Stewart, a regimental sergeant major in the British Army.
7. Tässä 2008 haastattelu, Stewart said, “My father was a very potent individual, a very powerful man, who got what he wanted.
8. It was said that when he strode onto the parade ground, birds stopped singing.
9. It was many, many years before I realized how my father inserted himself into my work.
10. Stewart attended Crowlees Church of England Junior and Infants School. where he continued to study drama.
11. Around the same time he met the actor Brian Blessed at a Mytholmroyd drama course, and the two have been friends ever since. Vuotiaana 15, Stewart left school and increased his participation in local theatre.
12. He gained a job as a newspaper reporter and obituary writer at the Mirfield & District Reporter, and he left the job.
13. His brother tells the story that Stewart had been attending rehearsals during work time and then inventing the stories he reported.
14. Stewart also trained as a boxer. Vuotiaana 18, he lost his hair due to suffering from alopecia areata, an experience he found traumatic, and became more timid.
15. Both Stewart and his friend Blessed later received grants to attend the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
16. He was an associate artist of the company in 1968. He appeared with actors such as Ben Kingsley and Ian Richardson.
17. Tammikuussa 1967, he made his debut TV appearance on Coronation Street as a fire officer.