1. Titus came to national attention with the eponymous FOX show Titus, of which he was the star, executive producer and co-creator.
2. Titus was born in Castro Valley, California, to Ken and Juanita C. Titus.
3. His parents divorced when he was a young child, and he was raised largely by his father, Ken, who had several relationships during his upbringing that provide comedic material for his routines.
4. His father planned to kidnap him back and inadvertently told a man about his plans who turned out to be a local district attorney.
5. Rather than have him arrested, the attorney gave him legal tactics he could use to get his son back which he used and eventually regained custody of Christopher.
6. When Christopher was 12, he ran away from his father to live with his mother, during which he lived in her garage, but he shortly moved back with his father.
7. This resulted in Titus having a nervous breakdown on his flight a week after her funeral.
8. Christopher Titus had problems with alcohol and drugs during adolescence until one day, while intoxicated, he fell into a bonfire at a beach party.
9. In the morning, his friends took him to the hospital, where the doctor told him he would have died if he had inhaled the deadly hot smoke inside of the bonfire.
10. He has called this moment his “epiphany” and began to turn his life around and get into comedy.