1. Spouse is an American actress and producer. She began her career as a child actress, starring in The Man in the Moon in 1991.
2. Dans 1996, she appeared in the independent drama Freeway and starred in Pleasantville in 1998.
3. Dans 2000, she earned a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Comedy or Musical nomination for Election.
4. Dans 2005, Witherspoon received worldwide attention for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line, which earned her the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and the Critics Choice Award for Best Actress.
5. Her other films include Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde , Monsters vs.
6. Dans 2014, Witherspoon produced the thriller Gone Girl and received critical acclaim for portraying Cheryl Strayed in Wild, for which she earned her second Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
7. Witherspoon received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on December 1, 2010.
8. Witherspoon has claimed descent from Scottish-born John Witherspoon, who signed the United States Declaration of Independence;
9. It makes my heart beat hard because I want to buy everything.” Witherspoon is proud of the “definitive Southern upbringing” which she received.
10. I grew up in an environment where women accomplished a lot.
11. Dans 1991, Witherspoon attended an open casting call for The Man in the Moon, intending to audition as a bit player; she was instead cast for the lead role of Dani Trant, a 14-year-old country girl who falls in love for the first time with her 17-year-old neighbor.