1. Born on March 29, 1946 on Long Island to Frances and Sidney Wolfberg, Dennis was a schoolteacher before launching a full-time comedy career in 1979.
2. Wolfberg married fellow comedian Jeannie McBride on September 8,1985; the couple had three sons, Daniel and twins Matthew and David.
3. Dennis began his comedy career in New York City at the Comic Strip.
4. Although he always wanted to be a comedian, he auditioned as a singer, playing his Martin guitar.
5. In addition, he was a frequent guest on The Merv Griffin Show, The Pat Sajak Show and The Arsenio Hall Show.
6. He starred in his own half-hour comedy special on HBO in 1990.
7. He headlined at comedy clubs across the country as well as working in Las Vegas and Atlantic City on a regular basis.
8. Dans 1990 he won an American Comedy Award as best male standup.
9. Though he battled cancer for at least two years, he continued to work through the end of August 1994.
10. At the time of his death, he was negotiating a deal for his own TV show.
11. Teacher Teacher , Plot Outline: Wolfberg relived some of his finest moments as a teacher, and proves that in a tough classroom, a good sense of humor is the most essential weapon.