1. One of the most profitable and iconic 1990s actresses, she made her film debut in the 1986 film Lucas.
2. After various appearances in film and on television, Ryder continued her acting career with the cult film Heathers , a controversial satire of teenage suicide and high school life that has since become a landmark teen film.
3. Having played diverse roles in many well-received films in the late 1980s and early 1990s, Ryder won a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress and an Academy Award nomination in the same category for her role in The Age of Innocence in 1993 as well as another Academy Award nomination, as Best Actress, for the literary adaptation Little Women the following year.
4. She later appeared in the Generation X hit Reality Bites , which she also executive-produced.
5. Dans 2000, Ryder received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, honouring her legacy in the film industry.
6. Her relationship with Johnny Depp in the early 1990s and a 2001 arrest for shoplifting were constant subjects of tabloid journalism.
7. Dans 2002, she appeared in the box office hit Mr. Deeds alongside Adam Sandler.
8. Dans 2006, Ryder returned to the screen after a brief hiatus, later appearing in high-profile films such as Star Trek.
9. Dans 2010, she was nominated for two Screen Actors Guild Awards: as the lead actress in When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story and as part of the cast of Black Swan. She also reunited with Burton for Frankenweenie .
10. Ryder was born Winona Laura Horowitz in Olmsted County, Minnesota, the daughter of Cynthia Palmer .
11. Dans 1978, when Ryder was seven years old, she and her family relocated to Rainbow, a commune near Elk, Mendocino County, California, où ils ont vécu avec sept autres familles sur un terrain de 300 acres de terrain.