1. From 2013 to 2014, she starred in the Netflix original series House of Cards.
2. Zimmer was born in Seattle, Washington, to German migrant parents from the former East Prussia.
3. She speaks fluent German, saying in a 2015 interview that although her parents spoke English with her as a child, she spent six weeks of every summer in Germany, with her grandmother who only spoke German.
4. During that same period, she was cast in a few independent movies such as Spin Cycle, Home Room, and Warm Blooded Killers.
5. Zimmer eventually booked her first TV series regular role on the NBC comedy Good Morning, Miami as the lazy and burned-out office assistant, Penny Barrington.
6. After the series was canceled, she spent the second season recurring as Sister Lilly Waters in the CBS drama, Joan of Arcadia, as well as guest-starring in episodes of NYPD Blue and Jake in Progress. It was accepted into the Tribeca Film Festival.
7. In early 2006, Zimmer was cast as Brianna, the competitive law undergrad, in the ABC crime/drama series In Justice.
8. Zimmer also portrayed industry powerhouse and studio executive Dana Gordon in the HBO original series Entourage from 2005 to 2011, arguably her most known role to date.
9. Zimmer performed in the world-premiere play, Girls Talk, alongside Brooke Shields, Andrea Bendewald, and Nicole Paggi. The play was written and directed by Roger Kumble.
10. She also starred in the NBC summer series Love Bites as Colleen Rouscher and had a guest appearance on USA’s Royal Pains, playing psychiatrist Dr. Abby Burton.
11. First, to special effects artist Steve Johnson, whom she met when working on a Duracell TV commercial in the late 1990s.