1. Berry was one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood during the 2000s and has been involved in the production of several of the films in which she performed.
2. In addition to her Academy Award win, Berry garnered high-profile roles in the 2000s such as Storm in the X-Men film series , where she played Bond Girl Jinx.
3. In the 2010s, she appeared in movies such as the science fiction film Cloud Atlas .
4. Divorced from baseball player David Justice and singer-songwriter Eric Benét, Berry has a daughter by model Gabriel Aubry, and a son by actor Olivier Martinez.
5. Berry has said in published reports that she has been estranged from her father since her childhood,.
6. Berry has recalled witnessing her mother being beaten daily, kicked down stairs and hit in the head with a wine bottle.
7. In the 1980s, she entered several beauty contests, winning Miss Teen All American in 1985 and Miss Ohio USA in 1986. She was the 1986 Miss USA first runner-up to Christy Fichtner of Texas.
8. In the Miss USA 1986 pageant interview competition, she said she hoped to become an entertainer or to have something to do with the media.
9. Her interview was awarded the highest score by the judges. According to the Current Biography Yearbook, Berry “…pursued a modeling career in Chicago….
10. Dans 1989, Berry moved to New York City to pursue her acting ambitions.
11. During her early time there, she ran out of money and had to live briefly in a homeless shelter.
12. Dans 1992, Berry portrayed a career woman who falls for the lead character played by Eddie Murphy in the romantic comedy Boomerang.
13. Berry was in the live-action Flintstones movie playing the part of “Sharon Stone”, a sultry secretary who seduced Fred Flintstone.