1. Jon Stewart est un comédien américain, writer, producer, director, actor, media critic, and former television host.
2. From 1999 to 2015, he was the host of The Daily Show, a satirical news program that airs on Comedy Central.
3. He went on to host his own show on MTV, called The Jon Stewart Show, and then hosted another show on MTV called You Wrote It, You Watch It.
4. He has also had several film roles as an actor, but has done few cinematic projects since becoming the host of The Daily Show on Comedy Central in early 1999.
5. He is also a writer and co-executive producer of the show.
6. After Stewart joined, The Daily Show steadily gained popularity and critical acclaim, and his work won 22 Primetime Emmy Awards.
7. Stewart has gained acclaim as an acerbic, satirical critic of personality-driven media shows, in particular those of the U.S. media networks such as CNN, Fox News Channel, and MSNBC. Stewart agrees, saying that neither his show nor his channel purports to be anything other than satire and comedy.
8. In spite of its self-professed entertainment mandate, The Daily Show has been nominated for news and journalism awards.
9. Stewart announced on February 10, 2015, during a taping of The Daily Show, that he would leave the show before the end of 2015,
10. Stewart grew up in the era of the Vietnam War and the Watergate scandal, which inspired in him “a healthy skepticism towards official reports”.
11. His first job was working at a Woolworths at which his brother Lawrence worked, and jokingly describes being fired by Lawrence as one of the “scarring events” of his youth.
12. He often jokes this is because people had difficulty with the pronunciation of Leibowitz or it “sounded too Hollywood” .
13. Stewart became a regular at the Comedy Cellar, where he was the last performer every night.