1. Born in Croydon, Greater London, she was discovered in 1988 at age 14 by Sarah Doukas, founder of Storm Model Management, at JFK Airport in New York City.
2. She is known for her waifish figure, and role in size zero fashion.
3. She had campaigns for designers including Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Chanel and Rimmel.
4. She received an award at the 2013 British Fashion Awards to acknowledge her contribution to fashion over 25 years.
5. Moss has had her own clothing range and has been involved in musical projects.
6. She began dating Jefferson Hack in the early 2000s and they have a daughter, Lila Grace Moss Hack.
7. She received media scrutiny for her party lifestyle and drug use.
8. Drug allegations beginning in late 2005 led to her being dropped from fashion campaigns.
9. Dans 2012, she came second on the Forbes top-earning models list, with estimated earnings of $9.2 million in one year.
10. She attended Ridgeway Primary School and Riddlesdown Collegiate, formerly known as Riddlesdown High School, in Purley.
11. Moss was discovered in 1988 at 14 by Sarah Doukas, founder of Storm Model Management, at JFK Airport in New York, after a holiday in the Bahamas.
12. Corinne Day shot black-and-white photographs of her, styled by Melanie Ward, for The Face when she was 16, in a shoot titled “The 3rd Summer of Love”.
13. Moss featured in the fashion look heroin chic in 1996 with a campaign for Calvin Klein.
14. Bill Clinton spoke out against the trend. Moss said, “It was just the time.