1. Born and raised in Crested Butte, Colorado, she befriended Lauren Conrad in 2005.
2. Dans 2006, Montag came to prominence after being cast in the MTV reality television series The Hills, which chronicled the personal and professional lives of Conrad, Montag, and friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port.
3. During its production, she briefly attended the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and was employed by event planning company Bolthouse Productions.
4. As the series progressed, Montag began dating fellow cast member Spencer Pratt, which ultimately ended her friendship with Conrad.
5. Their ensuing feud became the central focus of the series, and was carried through each subsequent season.
6. In January 2010, Montag released her debut studio album Superficial; it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful, failing to earn back the money she spent making it.
7. She also received widespread criticism after undergoing ten cosmetic surgery procedures in one day.
8. Dans 2011, Montag was featured on the television series Famous Food, where she and several celebrities competed for a restaurant partnership.
9. Two years later, she and Pratt competed as a single entity on the eleventh series of the British version of Celebrity Big Brother, eventually becoming the runners-up.
10. Heidi Blair Montag was born on September 15, 1986 in Crested Butte, Colorado to parents Darlene and Bill Montag.
11. After graduating from high school, Montag moved to California and attended the Academy of Art University in San Francisco for one semester.
12. During freshman orientation, she befriended Lauren Conrad, who at the time was a primary cast member of the MTV reality television series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County.
13. In May 2007, Montag and Pratt announced their engagement. In August, she entered the music industry and began recording her debut studio album.
14. Later that month, the song “Body Language” was leaked on the internet, and featured an uncredited rap verse from Pratt.