1. Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, KG, KT, ADC est le fils aîné de Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales.
2. He is second in line to succeed his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, after his father.
3. William was educated at four schools in the United Kingdom and obtained a degree from the University of St Andrews.
4. He spent parts of a gap year in Chile, Belize, and Africa.
5. In December 2006, he completed 44 weeks of training as an officer cadet, being commissioned as a lieutenant in the Blues and Royals Regiment.
6. In April 2008, he qualified as a pilot by completing pilot training at Royal Air Force College Cranwell.
7. He then underwent helicopter flying training in order to become a full-time pilot with the RAF Search and Rescue Force in early 2009.
8. His more than seven-and-a-half years of full-time service with the British Armed Forces ended in September 2013.
9. Hours prior to the event, he was created Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, and Baron Carrickfergus.
10. Their first child, Prince George of Cambridge, was born on 22 July 2013, and their second, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, was born on 2 May 2015.
11. On 3 June 1991, William was admitted to Royal Berkshire Hospital after being accidentally hit on the side of the forehead by a fellow student wielding a golf club.
12. He did not lose consciousness, but suffered a depressed fracture of the skull and was operated on at Great Ormond Street Hospital, resulting in a permanent scar. In a 2009 interview, he dubbed this scar a “Harry Potter scar”.
13. His mother wanted him and his younger brother Harry to have wider experiences than are usual for royal children.
14. She bought them typical teenage items, such as video games. Diana, who was by then divorced from the Prince of Wales, died in a car accident in the early hours of 31 August 1997.
15. William, then aged 15, along with his brother who was 12, and father, was staying at Balmoral Castle at the time.