1. She played the main character in the television series State of Affairs from 2014 to 2015.
2. Heigl started her career as a child model with Wilhelmina Models before turning her attention to acting.
3. She made her debut in the coming-of-age film That Night in 1992.
4. She has established herself as a cover model appearing on numerous publications including Maxim, Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
5. When Heigl was nine, an aunt visiting the family decided to take a number of photographs of her.
6. Within a few weeks, she signed with Wilhelmina Models as a child model. Soon after signing with the agency, a client slated Heigl for use in a magazine advertisement where she made her debut.
7. At the time, she was earning $75 an hour posing for Sears and Lord & Taylor catalogs.
8. Heigl first appeared in her national television spot for Cheerios cereal.
9. During this time, Heigl continued to attend New Canaan High School, balancing her film and modeling work with her academic studies.
10. Heigl dropped out of New Canaan High School after her sophomore year to pursue her career in Hollywood.
11. Dans 1995, she starred in the Steven Seagal action thriller Under Siege 2: Dark Territory.
12. Heigl portrayed a 16-year-old traveller on a train across a mountain pass to visit the grave of her deceased father with uncle Casey Ryback , an ex-SEAL counter-terrorist expert.
13. The main plotline has the train hijacked by mercenaries in Colorado, keeping her as a hostage.
14. Much of her work in the film was opposite Morris Chestnut, Sandra Taylor and Everett McGill.
15. Despite an increased focus on acting, she still modeled extensively, appearing regularly in magazines such as Seventeen.