1. Douglas Gene “Doug” Stanhope est un comédien de stand-up américaine, actor and author known for his cynical, controversial comedy style and libertarian political views.
2. Stanhope has made numerous appearances at several major comedy festivals, including the Montreal Just For Laughs, US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado, the Chicago Comedy Festival and the Edinburgh Festival Fringe where he won the Strathmore Press Award in 2002.
3. Stanhope was the winner of the 1995 San Francisco International Comedy Competition where he edged out Dane Cook in a three-week contest.
4. Stanhope had his own prank show on Fox called Invasion of Hidden Cameras in 2002.
5. He also was one of the pranksters on Spy TV. Dans 2003 and 2004, Stanhope co-hosted the fifth and sixth seasons of The Man Show with Joe Rogan.
6. He hosted his own radio show on SIRIUS Satellite Radio in 2005. That year, Stanhope hosted Girls Gone Wild: America Uncovered.
7. He appeared in the film The Aristocrats, telling a caustic joke to a baby.
8. In summer 2006, he was booked to appear on several bills at the Cat Laughs Comedy Festival in Kilkenny, Ireland; his extended bit saying that Irish men commit pedophilia because of the ugliness of Irish women earned a hostile reaction from the crowd, the press, and the festival organizers.
9. He appeared alongside Rouse at the Festival Fringe in Edinburgh on August 2006 to 5-star reviews from the press.
10. On his opening night he took what was believed to be an ecstasy tablet that was handed to him by a member of the audience. He responded in his 2007 Showtime special, No Refunds, by elaborating on the incident.
11. He self-published Fun with Pedophiles: The Best of Baiting in October 2006, which includes several instances of his setting up a false Internet instant-messaging persona to offer sex, and then verbally abusing the “baitee” in a chat session that is logged to share with others.
12. The Showtime special, titled No Refunds, premiered August 3 and was released on DVD August 14.
13. His live show was voted “Best Comedy Performance of the Year” by Time Out New York for both 2006 and 2008.
14. Dans 2010, Stanhope aired a series of vignettes during Newswipe with Charlie Brooker in the UK.
15. On November 17, 2010, Stanhope signed to rock and metal label Roadrunner Records to launch their new comedy label, Roadrunner Comedy.
16. On May 3, 2011, the album was released: Oslo: Burning The Bridge To Nowhere.