1. Hannah Dakota Fanning est une actrice américaine qui accède à la notoriété après sa performance percée à sept ans dans le 2001 film I Am Sam.
2. Her performance earned her a nomination for a Screen Actors Guild Award at age eight in 2002, making her the youngest nominee in history. As a child actress, she went on to appear in high-profile films such as Man on Fire .
3. Fanning then began the transition to more adult roles with Hounddog .
4. Her recent film roles have included the eponymous character in Coraline .
5. Her debut in modeling came in 2009 when she made the cover of various magazines like Elle, Vanity Fair, and Cosmopolitan, among others.
6. She also appeared in the fashion week in New York in 2014, at the opening ceremony of Fashion Week New York Spring / Summer 2015.
7. Her mother, Heather Joy , played tennis professionally and her father, Steven J. Fanning, played minor league baseball and now works as an electronics salesman in Los Angeles, California. Dakota is the elder sister of Elle Fanning, also an actress.
8. When Fanning was a small child, she was an actress at the Towne Lake Arts Center in Woodstock, Georgia starring in small plays, then in 2000, Fanning began acting at the age of five after appearing on a Tide commercial.
9. Her first significant acting job was a guest role in the NBC prime-time drama ER, which remains one of her favorite roles (“I played a car accident victim who has leukemia.
10. I got to wear a neck brace and nose tubes for the two days I worked.”).
11. Fanning subsequently had several guest roles on television series, including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Practice, and Spin City.
12. She also portrayed the title characters of Ally McBeal and The Ellen Show as young girls.
13. Dans 2001, Fanning was chosen to star opposite Sean Penn in the movie I Am Sam, the story of a mentally challenged man who fights for the custody of his daughter .
14. Her role in the film made Fanning the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award, being seven years of age at the time.
15. Dans 2002, director Steven Spielberg cast Fanning in the lead child role of Allison “Allie” Clarke/Keys in the science fiction miniseries Taken.
16. By this time, she had received positive notices by several film critics, including Tom Shales of The Washington Post, who wrote that Fanning “has the perfect sort of otherworldly look about her, an enchanting young actress called upon … to carry a great weight.”
17. A year later, she starred in two prominent films: playing the uptight child to an immature nanny played by Brittany Murphy in Uptown Girls and as Sally in The Cat in the Hat.