1. He has received three Golden Globe Awards for his work as an actor and two Academy Awards, one for acting and the other for producing.
2. Clooney made his acting debut on television in 1978, and later gained wide recognition in his role as Dr. Doug Ross on the long-running medical drama ER from 1994 to 1999, for which he received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
3. While working on ER, he began attracting a variety of leading roles in films, including the superhero film Batman & Robin , in which he first worked with director Steven Soderbergh, who would become a long-time collaborator.
4. Dans 1999, he took the lead role in Three Kings, a well-received war satire set during the Gulf War.
5. He made his directorial debut a year later with the biographical spy comedy Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and has since directed the historical drama Good Night, and Good Luck .
6. Clooney won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the Middle East thriller Syriana .
7. Dans 2013, he received the Academy Award for Best Picture for producing the political thriller Argo.
8. He is the only person who has been nominated for Academy Awards in six different categories.
9. Clooney was born in Lexington, Kentucky. was a beauty queen and city councilwoman.
10. Clooney was raised a strict Roman Catholic, He began his education at the Blessed Sacrament School in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky.
11. In an interview with Larry King, he stated that “yes, it goes away.
12. It was the first year of high school, which was a bad time for having half your face paralyzed.”
13. After his parents moved to Augusta, Kentucky, Clooney attended Augusta High School.
14. He has stated that he earned all As and a B in school, and was an enthusiastic baseball and basketball player.
15. He tried out to play professional baseball with the Cincinnati Reds in 1977, but he did not pass the first round of player cuts, and was not offered a contract.
16. He played a handyman on the series The Facts of Life, and appeared as Bobby Hopkins, a detective, on an episode of The Golden Girls.
17. Dans 1988, Clooney also played a role in the comedy-horror film Return of the Killer Tomatoes.