1. Wayans performed as a comedian and actor throughout the 1980s, including a yearlong stint on the sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live, although his true breakthrough came as a co-creator and performer on his own sketch comedy show, In Living Color, from 1990 to 1992.
2. Since then he has starred in a number of films and television shows, some of which he has co-produced or co-written, including The Last Boy Scout and Major Payne, and the sitcom My Wife and Kids.
3. Wayans est né à Harlem Il a cinq sœurs, Elvira, Vonnie, Nadia, Kim, Diedre, and four brothers, actors Marlon Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Shawn Wayans, and Dwayne Wayans.
4. This attribute would also be given to his character in My Wife and Kids and his character on the cartoon series Waynehead.
5. His earliest film appearance was a brief cameo as an effeminate hotel employee in the 1984 Eddie Murphy film Beverly Hills Cop.
6. From 1985 to 1986, he appeared on Saturday Night Live as a featured performer, before getting fired for playing his character as a flamboyant gay cop instead of a straight cop on a live sketch, going against the script.
7. In the Saturday Night Live book Live From New York, it was stated that Wayans did this largely due to growing frustrations that his sketches were not being considered for the show and increasing stress.
8. He also appeared in the syndicated TV series Solid Gold during the 1980s as a comedian.
9. With his brother Keenen, Wayans created the Fox sketch comedy series In Living Color, which had a mostly African-American cast.
10. It continued running until 1994, although Wayans left the show in 1992 to pursue a film career.
11. Dans 1996, he produced Waynehead, a cartoon for the WB, loosely based on his own childhood growing up in a large family, starring a poor boy with a club foot.
12. From 1997 to 1998, he was the executive producer of 413 Hope St., a short-lived drama on the FOX network starring Richard Roundtree and Jesse L. Martin.
13. Dans 1998, he starred in the short-lived comedy TV series Damon, in which he played a Chicago detective.
14. Dans 1999, his New York Times bestselling book Bootleg with co-author David Asbery was published; it is a humorous compilation of his observations about family.
15. Wayans starred in the ABC comedy series My Wife and Kids from 2001 to 2005.
16. Dans 2006, he produced and starred in the Showtime sketch comedy series The Underground, which also featured his son, Damon, Jr.
17. Dans 2011, he also added author of a serious fictional novel to his credits with “Red Hats” which is the story of a suicidal 65-year-old woman who finds friendship and happiness when she joins the Red Hat Society.
18. As of 2014, Wayans continues to perform stand up comedy and has developed apps with his company of freelancers “MIMS” .