1. Drew Blythe Barrymore is an American actress, author, director, model and producer.
2. She is a descendant of the Barrymore family of well-known American stage and cinema actors, and is a granddaughter of actor John Barrymore.
3. Barrymore first appeared in an advertisement when she was eleven months old.
4. Following a turbulent childhood which was marked by recurring drug and alcohol abuse, and two stints in rehab, Barrymore wrote the 1990 autobiography, Little Girl Lost.
5. She successfully made the transition from child star to adult actress with a number of films including Poison Ivy, Bad Girls, Boys on the Side and Everyone Says I Love You.
6. Subsequently, she also starred in romantic comedies, such as The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates.
7. Dans 1997, she and her business partner Nancy Juvonen formed the production company Flower Films, with its first production the 1999 Barrymore film Never Been Kissed.
8. Barrymore was named an Ambassador Against Hunger for the UN World Food Programme .
9. Since then, elle a fait don de plus de 1 million $ au programme.
10. Dans 2010, she won the Screen Actors Guild Award and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film for her portrayal of Little Edie in Grey Gardens.
11. Barrymore was born in Culver City, California, to American actor John Drew Barrymore , an aspiring actress.
12. Her first name, “Drew”, was the maiden name of her paternal great-grandmother, Georgie Drew Barrymore, and her middle name, “Blythe”, was the original surname of the dynasty founded by her great-grandfather, Maurice Barrymore.
13. In the wake of this sudden stardom, Barrymore endured a notoriously troubled childhood.
14. In her late teens, her rebelliousness played itself out on screen and in print.
15. Barrymore forged an image as a manipulative teenage seductress, beginning with the film Poison Ivy , which was a box office failure, but was popular on video and cable. Dans 1992, she underwent breast reduction surgery and has said on the subject:
16. Dans 1995, Barrymore starred in Boys on the Side opposite Whoopi Goldberg and Mary-Louise Parker, The following year, she made a cameo in the successful horror film Scream.
17. It starred Ellen Page and Marcia Gay Harden, and centered on an obsession with beauty pageants and the Austin, Texas, Hurl Scouts roller derby team.
18. An R-rated romantic comedy about a couple dealing the ups and downs of a long-distance relationship while commuting between New York City and San Francisco, the largely improvised film garnered generally mixed reviews by critics,
19. Dans 1999, Barrymore was honored by the Young Artist Foundation with its Former Child Star “Lifetime Achievement” Award commemorating her outstanding achievements within the film industry as a child actress. She was the subject of the 2005 documentary My Date with Drew.