1. Salma Hayek Pinault is a Mexican and American film actress, director, and producer.
2. Elle a commencé sa carrière au Mexique en vedette dans la telenovela Teresa et a continué à jouer dans le film El Callejón de los Milagros pour lequel elle a été nominée pour un Prix d'Ariel.
3. Her breakthrough role was in the 2002 film Frida as Mexican painter Frida Kahlo for which she was nominated in the category of Best Actress for an Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Golden Globe Award.
4. This movie received widespread attention and was a critical and commercial success.
5. She won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special in 2004 for The Maldonado Miracle and received an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2007 after guest-starring in the ABC television comedy-drama Ugly Betty.
6. She also guest-starred on the NBC comedy series 30 Rock from 2009 to 2013.
7. Hayek was born Salma Hayek Jiménez in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico.
8. Her younger brother, Sami , is a furniture designer. She is the daughter of Diana Jiménez Medina, an opera singer and talent scout.
9. Her father is Sami Hayek Dominguez, who once ran for mayor of Coatzacoalcos.
10. He has been described as being either an oil company executive
11. At the age of 23, Hayek landed the title role in Teresa , which has won more awards than any other movie in the history of Mexican cinema.
12. Hayek moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1991 to study acting under Stella Adler.
13. Hayek had a starring role opposite Matthew Perry in the 1997 romantic comedy Fools Rush In.
14. Around 2000, Hayek founded film production company Ventanarosa, through which she produces film and television projects.
15. Starring Hayek as Frida Kahlo, and Alfred Molina as her unfaithful husband, Diego Rivera, the film was directed by Julie Taymor and featured an entourage of stars in supporting and minor roles .
16. She earned a Best Actress Academy Award nomination for her performance.
17. In the Time of the Butterflies is a 2001 feature film based on the Julia Álvarez book of the same name, covering the lives of the Mirabal sisters.
18. In the movie, Salma Hayek plays one of the sisters, Minerva, and Edward James Olmos plays the Dominican dictator Rafael Leónidas Trujillo whom the sisters opposed.
19. Dans 2003, Hayek produced and directed The Maldonado Miracle, a Showtime movie based on the book of the same name, winning her a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special.