1. Keith Lionel Urban is a New Zealand-born Australian singer, songwriter, guitarist, entrepreneur and music competition judge.
2. Dans 1991, he released a self-titled debut album, and charted four singles in Australia before moving to the United States the following year.
3. He found work as a session guitarist before starting a band known as The Ranch, which recorded one studio album on Capitol Nashville and charted two singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
4. Still signed to Capitol, Urban made his solo American debut in 1999 with the album Keith Urban.
5. Certified platinum in the US, it produced his first number one on Hot Country Songs with “But for the Grace of God”.
6. “Somebody Like You”, the first single from his second Capitol album, Golden Road , was named by Billboard as the biggest country hit of the 2000s decade.
7. Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing was released in 2006, containing “Once in a Lifetime” as well as his second Grammy song, “Stupid Boy”.
8. Defying Gravity and Get Closer were released on March 31, 2009 and November 16, 2010 respectively.
9. In September 2013, he released a brand new album titled Fuse, which produced four more number ones on the newly introduced Country Airplay chart.
10. Two of those number ones are duets with Miranda Lambert and Eric Church.
11. A new single, entitled “John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16”, was released in June 2015 as the lead-off single to his upcoming eighth American studio album Ripcord.
12. Urban has released a total of nine studio albums , as well as one album with The Ranch.
13. He has charted thirty-seven singles on the US country charts, eighteen of which have went to number one, counting a duet with Brad Paisley and the 2008 single “You Look Good in My Shirt”, which he previously recorded on Golden Road.
14. Those also include his third Grammy Award winning single “Sweet Thing” from his album Defying Gravity.
15. Urban is also known for his roles as a coach on the Australian version of the singing competition The Voice, and as a judge on American Idol.
16. In October 2013, Urban introduced his own signature line of guitars and accessories.
17. Keith Lionel Urban was born in Whangarei, New Zealand, on October 26, 1967 as the youngest son of Marienne and Robert “Bob” Urban.
18. From the age of 13, he attended Sir Edmund Hillary College in Otara, South Auckland, New Zealand and by 17, he lived with his parents in Caboolture, Queensland, Australia.
19. His father, who owned a convenience store, put an advertisement for a guitar teacher in his shop window. Urban took lessons from his teacher, Sue McCarthy .
20. Dans 1983, Urban was a contestant on the Australian TV talent show New Faces.
21. They won a golden guitar award at the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
22. Urban also performed regularly on stage at the Northern Suburbs Country Music Club near Caboolture.