1. In 2015 ha giocato uno dei protagonisti nel film horror The Hallow, che è stato presentato al 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
2. Michael McElhatton is an Irish actor and writer best known for playing the role of Roose Bolton in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
3. McElhatton was born in 1963 in Terenure, and afterward spent eight years in London where he graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1987.
4. McElhatton returned to Ireland in the early nineties, where he began his acting career mainly in theatre and television. He appeared in a short film titled The Loser in 1990.
5. In 1996 he was directed by John Carney in the film November Afternoon, in which he plays the main character.
6. In the late nineties and early 2000s, McElhatton appeared in numerous series and TV movies in Ireland, working with various film directors, including Paddy Breathnach and Conor McPherson for roles in I Went Down .
7. As his career went on, McElhatton continued playing minor characters in films by directors such as Lenny Abrahamson, John Boorman and Kari Skogland.
8. He returned to his role as writer in 2010 writing six episodes of the sitcom Your Bad Self .
9. Over the next decade McElhatton began appearing in much larger roles.
10. In 2011 he had a role in the film Albert Nobbs directed by Rodrigo García, and the following year the short Pentecost , which received a nomination for Best Short Film at the 2012 Academy Awards.
11. That same year he took part in the film Shadow Dancer directed by James Marsh, while also on television in the cast of the miniseries Titanic: Blood and Steel.
12. In 2012, McElhatton joined the cast of the popular television series HBO Game of Thrones, beginning in the second season, playing the character of Roose Bolton.