1. Robert Picardo è nato a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, il figlio di Joe Picardo.
2. He graduated from William Penn Charter School in 1971 and originally entered Yale University as a pre-medical student, but opted to act instead.
3. While he was at Yale University, he was a member of the Society of Orpheus and Bacchus, the second longest running undergraduate a cappella group in the United States.
4. His singing has also been incorporated into his role in Star Trek: Voyager.
5. After earning his degree, he enrolled at the Circle in the Square Professional Theater Workshop.
6. His first breaks were appearing in the David Mamet play “Sexual Perversity in Chicago,” and with Diane Keaton in “The Primary English Class.”
7. Durante il 1988-1991 television seasons, Picardo was simultaneously seen on the ABC Vietnam series China Beach in the role of Dr. Dick Richard, and the ABC series The Wonder Years in the role of Coach Cutlip.
8. He is among a small group of television actors to achieve notice on two television series at the same time.
9. Picardo made his feature film debut as Eddie Quist, the serial killer werewolf in the Joe Dante film The Howling .
10. He also had a recurring role in the sitcom Alice and played a doctor on an episode of The Golden Girls.
11. Picardo also portrays the voice and face of the robotic Johnny Cab in Total Recall.
12. He appeared in one episode of ER in 1995 as Abraham Zimble .
13. Da 1995 A 2001, he played the role of the Emergency Medical Hologram in the television series Star Trek: Voyager.
14. Before being accepted for this role, Picardo initially auditioned for the role of Neelix. He later also directed two episodes.
15. He played additional versions of the role of the EMH in the 1996 motion picture Star Trek: First Contact and the 1997 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode “Doctor Bashir, I Presume?”
16. In 2001, he guest starred in the 7 Days episode “Revelation”, purporting to be a time traveler from seven years in the future.
17. In 2004, he began playing the recurring role of International Oversight Advisory member Richard Woolsey in both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, where he became a regular in the fifth season.
18. His first appearance in those series was in the Stargate SG-1 episode “Heroes “.
19. In 2007 e 2008, Star Trek: The Music was a multi-city tour with John de Lancie.
20. Picardo and de Lancie narrated around the orchestral performance, explaining the history of the music in Star Trek.