1. Ben Cross adalah seorang pelakon Inggeris pentas dan skrin, known for his portrayal of the British Olympic athlete Harold Abrahams in the 1981 film Chariots of Fire.
2. Cross was born Harry Bernard Cross in London to a working class Catholic family.
3. Cross initially worked in various jobs including work as a window cleaner, waiter and joiner.
4. He was master carpenter for the Welsh National Opera and property master at the Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham.
5. He then joined the Prospect Theatre Company and played roles in Pericles, Malam keduabelas, and Royal Hunt of the Sun.
6. dalam 1977, Cross became a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company and performed in the premier of Privates on Parade as “Kevin Cartwright” and played Rover in a revival of a Restoration play titled Wild Oats.
7. For their performances in the film, Cross and his co-star Ian Charleson both won “Most Promising Artiste of 1981” awards from the Variety Club Awards in February 1982.
8. He subsequently replaced James Garner as the featured actor endorsing the Polaroid Spectra camera in 1986.
9. Cross was also featured in GQ Magazine as one of the annual “Manstyle” winners in January, 1985 followed by a featured photo shoot in March, 1985.
10. Despite what a lot of people think in our profession, you can have ambitions and still turn in good work and still earn a living.