1. Rose Eleanor Arbuthnot-Leslie known professionally as Rose Leslie, is a Scottish actress.
2. After winning a Scottish BAFTA for Best Acting Performance for her role in New Town, she rose to fame as Gwen Dawson in the ITV drama series Downton Abbey and Ygritte in the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones.
3. She currently stars as Maia Rindell in the CBS All Access legal drama The Good Fight.
4. Leslie was born to a noble family in Aberdeen, Scotland. Bapanya, Sebastian Arbuthnot-Leslie, is the Aberdeenshire Chieftain of Clan Leslie.
5. She is the third of five children and describes growing up together as “important.
6. Her experiences allowed her to receive a BASSC certificate in stage combat and master diction in various dialects, which would prove useful in later roles.
7. Her leading on screen debut came at age 21 in the television film New Town , for which she won the Scottish BAFTA for Best Acting Performance – New Talent Award.
8. dalam 2011, while on Downton Abbey, Leslie briefly appeared in two episodes of the British drama series Case Histories.
9. dalam 2012, she was cast in the popular HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones. For her role as wildling Ygritte in seasons two, three and four, Leslie was met with major acclaim.
10. on screen, as embodied by Rose Leslie, she becomes something more,”
11. While on Game of Thrones, Leslie appeared in the 2012 drama film Now Is Good alongside Dakota Fanning
12. From October to November 2014, she top-billed in the four-part mini-series The Great Fire.
13. dalam 2016, Leslie was cast in The Good Fight, a CBS All Access legal drama and spin off of The Good Wife.
14. She plays Maia Rindell, a new lawyer who just passed the bar and whose family is involved in a financial scam, destroying her reputation.
15. Leslie is fluent in French, having lived in France for three years.
16. My parents would send us out for the day, we had lots of freedom.