1. He is best known for his roles in the television series This Life and Coupling, and as James Norrington in the Pirates of the Caribbean series.
2. He has also appeared in other Hollywood films, such as The Talented Mr. Ripley.
3. Meer recentelijk, he was part of the ensemble cast in the drama series FlashForward and Smash, and took the lead role in the 2013 ITV drama series Breathless.
4. Davenport, the son of actors Nigel Davenport and Maria Aitken, and lived in Ibiza, Spanje, for the first seven years of his life.
5. His uncle is writer and former Conservative MP Jonathan Aitken, his maternal grandmother was socialite Penelope Aitken, his maternal grandfather was politician William Aitken, and one of his maternal great-grandfathers was John Maffey, 1st Baron Rugby. His parents divorced when he was seven, at which point he was sent to the independent Dragon School in Oxford, as his parents did not want him to become involved in the divorce proceedings.
6. He then went on to attend Cheltenham College, followed by the British American Drama Academy.
7. Davenport had not planned to become an actor; echter, his career began when he took a gap year after attending Cheltenham College.
8. A director from Clwyd Theatr Cymru was impressed by his performance in a summer drama course and asked Davenport to work for him.
9. Het volgende jaar, he attended the University of East Anglia , concentrating in Film Studies and English Literature.
10. He tried acting once more at the UEA but was not, at this point, particularly interested in it.
11. Davenport had considered becoming a member of a film crew, as opposed to acting in front of the camera.
12. His mother advised him, after his graduation from UEA, to write to John Cleese requesting work on the set of his upcoming film, Fierce Creatures, so that Davenport could gain some experience behind the camera.
13. Whilst a small part with few lines it provided his first opportunity to work in front of the camera.
14. After the production of Fierce Creatures was completed, Davenport found an agent who secured him an audition for the role of Miles Stewart in the BBC television drama series This Life.