1. Ze maakte haar acteerdebuut als Effy stonem op de E4 tiener drama Skins , for which she received recognition and critical praise, garnering two Golden Nymph Award nominations for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series and two TV Quick Award nominations for Best Actress.
2. In 2013, Scodelario reprised the role of Effy in Skins Fire, and gained the supporting role of Anna Salter in the Channel 4 television drama Southcliffe ; she was nominated for both for the UK TV Actress Award at the 2014 GLAMOUR Women of the Year Awards.
3. She gained wider recognition for her starring role as Teresa Agnes in dystopian science-fiction thriller The Maze Runner , which garnered her a third Glamour Award nomination for NEXT Breakthrough and a Teen Choice Award nomination for Choice Movie Actress: Action.
4. Scodelario starred as Carina Smyth in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales , which was released May 26, 2017.
5. Haar moeder, Katia Scodelario, is Brazilian, and moved to England in 1990 ,
6. In 2007, op de leeftijd van 14, and with no prior acting experience, Scodelario was cast in the first series of Skins as Effy Stonem.
7. At the auditions, Scodelario became discouraged as she felt she was too young.
8. Echter, a producer told her to stay and she was asked to read for the part.
9. She eventually became the central character in the 2009 en 2010 series after the cast had been replaced with a new generation of characters.
10. This made Effy one of the only characters to appear from series 1 right through to series 4 of Skins.
11. Filming began in July and Scodelario revealed that 18 November 2009 had been her last day of filming the series and that she would miss being on the show. Scodelario left after the fourth series, making way for the third generation of characters.
12. Her performance was praised by critics, and she was nominated twice in the category for Best Actress at the TV Quick Awards in 2009 en 2010.
13. In the episode titled “Brand,” one of the three parts of the seventh season of Skins, Scodelario reprised the role of Effy.
14. It is a two-part rendition of her life as an adult, lasting a total of two hours.
15. She claims “Brand” is “more like a movie” and that she can currently relate, as both Scodelario and her character, Effy, are struggling to change from a teenager into an adult.