1. Shaun Mark Bean , known professionally as Sean Bean, is een Engels acteur.
2. After graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, he made his professional debut in a theatre production of Romeo and Juliet in 1983.
3. Retaining his distinctive Yorkshire accent, he first found mainstream success for his portrayal of Richard Sharpe in the ITV series Sharpe.
4. Bean has since garnered further recognition for his performance as Ned Stark in the HBO epic fantasy series Game of Thrones, as well as roles in the BBC anthology series Accused and the ITV historical drama series Henry VIII.
5. His most prominent film role was Boromir in The Lord of the Rings trilogy .
6. Other roles include Alec Trevelyan in the James Bond film GoldenEye .
7. He has received several awards during his career and won an International Emmy for Best Actor.
8. He has also been nominated for a BAFTA and Saturn Award.
9. Bean was born in Handsworth, a suburb of Sheffield, which was then part of West Riding of Yorkshire .
10. He is the son of Rita and Brian Bean. He has a younger sister named Lorraine.
11. Despite becoming relatively wealthy, the family never moved away from the council estate as they preferred to remain close to friends and family. This prevented him from pursuing his dream of playing football professionally.
12. In 1975, Bean left Brook Comprehensive School with O Levels in Art and English. Terwijl er, he stumbled into an art class and decided to pursue his interest in art.
13. After attending courses at two other colleges, one for half a day and the other for less than a week, he returned to Rotherham College, where he subsequently enrolled in a drama course.
14. After some college plays and one at Rotherham Civic Theatre, he won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art , starting a seven-term course in January 1981.
15. Bean graduated from RADA in 1983, making his professional acting debut later that year as Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet at the Watermill Theatre in Newbury. His early career involved a mixture of stage and screen work.
16. Als acteur, he adopted the Irish spelling of his first name.