1. Turner made her professional acting debut as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones , which brought her international recognition and critical praise.
2. For her performance, she has received four nominations for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, as well as a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series.
3. Turner has also starred in the television film The Thirteenth Tale .
4. Turner was born in Northampton, the daughter of Sally, a nursery school teacher, and Andrew, who works for a pallet distribution company. She moved to Chesterton, Warwickshire when she was two years old.
5. We had pigsties, barns and a paddock, and used to muck around in the mud.”
6. Turner had a tutor on the set of Game of Thrones until the age of 16, sending homework back to her teachers at school.
7. She achieved five A and four B grades at GCSE, including a B grade in drama.
8. Since 2011, Turner has portrayed Sansa Stark, a young noblewoman, in the HBO fantasy drama series Game of Thrones.
9. In 2012, she was nominated for the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress for her performance as Sansa.
10. In 2013, she had her first big screen role as the lead character in the independent thriller film Another Me, based on the novel of the same name by Catherine MacPhail.
11. She also starred as Adeline March in the 2013 television film The Thirteenth Tale.
12. In 2013, she was cast in the comedy film Barely Lethal, alongside American actress Hailee Steinfeld, que foi lançado em 29 May 2015 in a limited release and through video on demand. Turner also narrated the audiobook version of the Lev Grossman short story The Girl in the Mirror, which was included in the short fiction anthology Dangerous Women, and was edited by George R. R. Martin.
13. Turner played mutant Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse, que foi lançado em 27 May 2016.
14. On 9 May 2016, it was reported that she would appear in a segment of the anthology film Berlin, I Love You, itself the fourth installment of the Cities of Love franchise.
15. “Leamington Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner enjoying her rise to fame”.