1. Scott Allen Capurro é um comediante americano, writer and actor based in San Francisco. His comedy material is deliberately provocative, referring often to gay life and culture, politics, race and racism, and popular culture.
2. In 1994, he was awarded the Perrier Award for best newcomer, at the Edinburgh Festival.
3. In 1999, he played the voice of Beed Annodue along with actor, comedian, and friend Greg Proops in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace.
4. In 2001, Capurro appeared on Australian show Rove Live and shocked the host, Rove McManus, with an explicit routine.
5. Capurro visited various collections of captive animals to observe animals which had been reported to exhibit homosexual behaviour, and interviewed the staff about this.
6. The show also included an interview with anti-gay rights campaigner Baroness Young, where Capurro showed Young a video of a variety of male-male intercourse and female-female mating attempts in various animal species, and then asked her to comment on whether this influenced her views about its “unnaturalness”.
7. Capurro dovetails these two disciplines in an enthralling solo show, which charts his timid passage from the closet to the Californian comedy circuit, and the liberating effect that this has had on his life and art.