1. She appeared in two August Wilson plays at the Yale Repertory Theatre under the direction of her long-time instructor Lloyd Richards.
2. İçinde 2006, she had the opportunity to work on the Wilson canon again, starring in Fences alongside longtime collaborator Laurence Fishburne at the Pasadena Playhouse in California.
3. İçinde 2018, Basset was awarded an honorary doctoral degree in fine arts from her alma-mater, Yale Üniversitesi.
4. She made her film debut as a news reporter in F/X .
5. For her portrayal of Betty Shabazz, she earned an Image Award.
6. Bassett began her film career in the mid-1980s, after earning a bachelor of arts degree from Yale University and a master of fine arts degree from drama school.
7. She was the first African-American to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
8. She was excited to work with Eddie Murphy in Vampire in Brooklyn, as well as director Wes Craven.
9. İçinde 1998, Bassett starred in How Stella Got Her Groove Back, once again collaborating with McMillan.
10. She played Stella, a 40-year-old American professional woman who falls in love with a 20-year-old Jamaican man.