1. Other notable roles include her appearances as a commentator on The Daily Show, Amanda Simmons on The Hotwives of Orlando, Hazel Wassername on 30 Rock, Victoria Best on WordGirl, Trixie from the Toy Story franchise, and Anne on Wilfred.
2. Since 2015, she has co-starred alongside Will Forte in the Fox comedy The Last Man on Earth, playing the role of Carol.
3. Schaal was born in Longmont, Colorado, to a Lutheran family of Dutch and German ancestry. She graduated from Northwestern University and then moved to New York in 2000 to pursue a comedy career.
4. Schaal was concerned that her lisp would cause problems in her career, and it did prevent her from getting into one acting class.
5. In 2006, Schaal performed at the 2006 HBO US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, where she won the award for “Best Alternative Comedian”.
6. She also performs at the Peoples Improv Theater on the improv team, “Big Black Car”, which was awarded best improv troupe of 2005 at the Emerging Comics of New York awards.
7. She is a founding member of the theatre company The Striking Viking Story Pirates, which adapts stories by children into sketches and songs.
8. Schaal performed live at the Edinburgh Fringe 2007 in Scotland, where she was one of six acts requested to perform at the US Consul General-sponsored “Fringe USA” Showcase.
9. On her return to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2008, Schaal was nominated for the If.comedy award for Kristen Schaal And Kurt Braunohler: Double Down Hearts.
10. In October 2008, Schaal appeared in an episode of Spicks and Specks.