1. Stefanie Maria “Steffi” Graf is a German former world No. 1 tennis player.
2. Graf won 22 Grand Slam singles titles. Her 22 singles titles is second all-time behind Margaret Court since the introduction of the Open Era in 1968.
3. In 1988, she became the first and only tennis player to achieve the Golden Slam by winning all four Grand Slam singles titles and the Olympic gold medal in the same calendar year, furthermore, she is the only tennis player to have won each Grand Slam event at least 4 times.
4. She and Margaret Court are the only players, male or female, to win 3 grand slams in a calendar year 5 times .
5. She is the only singles player to have achieved a Grand Slam since hard court was introduced as a surface at the US Open in 1978.
6. Graf reached thirteen consecutive Grand Slam singles finals, from the 1987 French Open through to the 1990 French Open, winning nine of them.
7. Graf is regarded by some to be the greatest female tennis player of all time.
8. Stefanie Graf was born on 14 June 1969, in Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany, to Heidi Schalk and Peter Graf , a car and insurance salesman.
9. She has a younger brother Michael. She began practicing on a court at the age of four and played in her first tournament at five.
10. She soon began winning junior tournaments with regularity, and in 1982 she won the European Championships 12s and 18s.