1. He is known for playing the role of Smokey in Friday and as Detective James Carter in the Rush Hour film series.
2. Tucker became a frequent stand up performer on Def Comedy Jam in the 1990s.
3. Tucker was born on August 31, 1971, Tucker grew up in Decatur, Georgia; and, after graduating from Columbia High School in Decatur, he moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue a career in comedy and acting.
4. In 1992, at the age of 20, Tucker was a frequent performer on Def Comedy Jam. In 1997, he co-starred with Charlie Sheen in Money Talks, and alongside Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element.
5. Along with Jackie Chan, Tucker later starred in the 1998 martial arts action comedy Rush Hour and its sequels, Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3, in which he played Detective James Carter, an LAPD detective.
6. After the commercial success of the first Rush Hour film, Tucker held out for a $20 million salary for Rush Hour 2 and was paid $25 million salary for Rush Hour 3. The latter was part of a $40 million two-movie contract with New Line Cinema that also included an unnamed future film.
7. He was also to receive 20% of the gross against his salary from the Rush Hour 3.
8. Other celebrities participating include rapper Master P, NBA Hall of Famers Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins, wide receiver Terrell Owens, and four Harlem Globetrotters.
9. The next year, Tucker returned to film in the Academy Award winning drama Silver Linings Playbook, co-starring Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro.
10. Tucker has a son named Destin, who lives with his mother in Los Angeles.
11. He divides his time among Bel Air, Los Angeles; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Atlanta, Georgia.