1. After being scouted at age 17, Headey worked steadily as an actress in small and supporting roles in films throughout the 1990s, before finding fame for her lead performances in big-budget films such as the fantasy film The Brothers Grimm .
2. Headey was born in Hamilton, Bermuda, the daughter of Sue and John Headey. Her father, a Yorkshire police officer, was stationed there at the time.
3. Headey had her first experience of acting when she was a pupil at Shelley College; she was noticed at age 17, when performing in a school production at the Royal National Theatre, and was picked for a role in the 1992 film Waterland.
4. At the age of 17, Headey performed in a one-off show and afterwards a casting agent took a photo and asked her to audition.
5. Later, she got a supporting role in the drama Waterland, in which she had the opportunity to work with actors who had been in the business several years before her.
6. She landed a small role in The Remains of the Day, which came out in 1993 and received eight Academy Awards nominations.
7. The film had positive reviews and earned nearly $44 million in the United States. On the set of The Jungle Book, she met her boyfriend of nine years, actor Jason Flemyng.
8. After a number of film roles, she appeared opposite Vanessa Redgrave in the 1997 romantic drama Mrs Dalloway.
9. Headey landed a supporting role in a higher-profile film titled Onegin, which starred Ralph Fiennes and Liv Tyler.
10. The following year, she had the starring role in the drama Aberdeen.
11. Headey received several good reviews for her performance in the film.