1. Robert Clark Gregg , known professionally as Clark Gregg, is an American actor, screenwriter and director.
2. He is best known for playing Phil Coulson in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, appearing in Iron Man , and the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
3. He also played FBI Special Agent Mike Casper on the NBC series The West Wing and Cam, the on-and-off boyfriend of Jack on the NBC series Will & Grace.
4. Gregg was born April 2, 1962 in Boston, Massachusetts, His family moved around; he had lived in seven cities by the time he was 17.
5. He attended high school in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where his father was a professor at nearby Duke University. He attended Ohio Wesleyan University for two years before dropping out and moving to Manhattan.
6. He worked various jobs, such as being a bar back, a security guard at the Guggenheim Museum, and a parking valet at a restaurant.
7. Gregg was a founding member, and later artistic director, of the off-Broadway Atlantic Theater Company, which formed in 1983.
8. In 2008, Gregg appeared in the film Iron Man as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson. In 2010, Gregg reprised his role as Agent Coulson for Iron Man 2.
9. Gregg had since signed up for a multiple film deal as the character with Marvel Studios.
10. Gregg also stars in a series of Marvel short films that center around his character and can be seen on the Blu-ray releases of the films.
11. Gregg has been married since July 21, 2001 to actress Jennifer Grey; the couple co-starred in the Lifetime TV movie Road to Christmas.