1. A three-time Academy Award nominee and three-time Tony Award nominee, she won her first Emmy Award in 2002 for Wild Iris .
2. From 2010–13, she starred in the Showtime series The Big C, which won her a fourth Emmy in 2013.
3. Linney made her Broadway debut in 1990, before going on to receive Tony Award nominations for the 2002 revival of The Crucible and the original Broadway productions of Sight Unseen .
4. She is a 1982 graduate of Northfield Mount Hermon School, an elite preparatory school in New England, for which she currently serves as the chair of the Arts Advisory Council.
5. In 2003, Linney appeared in several notable films, including The Life of David Gale, Love Actually, and Mystic River.
6. The latter film earned her a BAFTA Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
7. For the latter role, she received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy.
8. In 2006, Linney appeared in the political satire Man of the Year, the comedy Driving Lessons , and the Australian drama Jindabyne by Ray Lawrence.
9. In 2007, Linney appeared in the spy thriller Breach, the comedy-drama The Nanny Diaries opposite Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, and based on the book by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, In 2008, Linney starred in The Other Man, opposite Liam Neeson, with whom she had starred in Kinsey and Love Actually, and Antonio Banderas.
10. She was a counselor at the community center where Tom Hardy, the son of Leslie and Steve Hardy, worked.
11. She won her first Emmy Award in 2002 for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie” for Wild Iris.
12. She played a blonde American singer who successfully claimed “battered woman syndrome” as a defense to the murder of a Japanese businessman.