1. Soon after, she was featured on the cover of Time magazine and dubbed “the new Grace Kelly”.
2. She has since appeared in several notable films, including the 2002 film Unfaithful, which earned her Academy Award, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations for Best Actress.
3. Lane has also starred in The Outsiders, The Perfect Storm, Under the Tuscan Sun, Cinema Verite, and Man of Steel.
4. Her mother, Colleen Leigh Farrington, was a nightclub singer and Playboy centerfold , who was also known as “Colleen Price”.
5. Her father, Burton Eugene Lane, was a Manhattan drama coach who ran an acting workshop with John Cassavetes, worked as a cab driver, and later taught humanities at City College. When Lane was 13 days old, her parents separated.
6. Lane and her father lived in a number of residential hotels in New York City and she rode with him in his taxi.
7. When Lane was 15, she declared her independence from her father and flew to Los Angeles for a week with actor and friend Christopher Atkins.
8. Lane and her father challenged her mother in court, and six weeks later, she was back in New York.
9. Lane did not speak to her mother for the next three years, but they have since reconciled.
10. In the early 1980s, Lane made a successful transition from child actor to adult roles.
11. She was cast as the teenaged female outlaw Little Britches in the 1981 Lamont Johnson film, Cattle Annie and Little Britches, with Amanda Plummer in her own debut role as Cattle Annie.
12. We had to repair our relationship because I wanted my mother back”.