1. Osment was born in Los Angeles, California, a theater and film actor, both natives of Birmingham, Alabama.
2. Osment was raised Roman Catholic. He has one sibling, a sister, actress Emily Osment, who is almost four years his junior.
3. His father said that when Osment was learning to speak, he deliberately avoided using baby talk when communicating with his son.
4. Osment was a student at Flintridge Preparatory School in La Cañada, California.
5. Osment put his name down and got called back for an audition.
6. In addition, he made numerous guest appearances on shows, including The Larry Sanders Show, Walker, Texas Ranger, Touched by an Angel, Chicago Hope, The Pretender, and Ally McBeal.
7. Osment first achieved stardom in 1999, when he appeared in The Sixth Sense, co-starring Bruce Willis.
8. For his portrayal of Cole Sear, a psychic child, Osment won the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor.
9. He was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, becoming the second-youngest performer ever to receive an Academy nomination for a supporting role, but lost the final Oscar vote to Michael Caine .
10. He made three minor guest appearances on the animated TV series Family Guy in 2000 and 2001.
11. This role earned him his second Saturn Award for Best Younger Actor, and another critical acclaim.
12. In reviewing the movie, critic Roger Ebert claimed that: “Osment, who is onscreen in almost every scene, is one of the best actors now working”. In 2001, Osment starred in the Polish film, Edges of the Lord, as Romek.
13. Between 2002 and 2003, Osment lent his voice to films such as The Country Bears, The Hunchback of Notre Dame II and The Jungle Book 2, all from Walt Disney Pictures.