1. She is mainly known for her portrayal of communications officer character Hoshi Sato in the television series Star Trek: Enterprise, as well as for her role as Maggie Cheon on the drama series Crash .
2. Park was born in South Korea and raised in San Jose, California.
3. She participated in a number of theatrical productions in her teens at Notre Dame High School and Bellarmine College Preparatory.
4. In 2000, Park received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Boston University.
5. During her college career, she spent a semester in England, studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
6. Also in 2001, less than a year after graduation, Park was cast in the role of Hoshi Sato in the fifth incarnation of the Star Trek franchise, Star Trek: Enterprise, which premiered in September 2001.
7. Park herself is fluent in both English and Korean, and she also speaks some French.
8. In August 2003, Park produced and starred in her first short film, My Prince, My Angel .
9. Park is an active student of dance, remarking that “dancing has always been my second love”.
10. She has continued to study and practice ballet, among other dance forms.
11. In 2009, Park became a series regular in the second season of Crash, playing the role of Maggie Cheon on the Starz Network; she co-starred in thirteen episodes.
12. The show was subsequently cancelled after the death of Dennis Hopper.
13. From 2003 to 2004, she was in a relationship with British actor Tom Hardy.