1. She started her professional acting career as a child, appearing at age 12 in The Treasure Seekers .
2. She went on to play Ethel Hallow for one season in the television show The Worst Witch and its sequel Weirdsister College.
3. She took time off from acting to attend school during her formative years, and has worked steadily since she graduated from Wadham College, Oxford in 2006.
4. On radio, she is known for playing the long-running role of Emma Grundy in The Archers.
5. In 2008, she appeared in the Donmar Warehouse production of The Chalk Garden.
6. Her performance in the 2011 film Like Crazy was met with critical acclaim, garnering her numerous awards, including a special jury prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
7. In 2014, her performance as Jane Hawking in The Theory of Everything was also met with critical acclaim, garnering her nominations for the Golden Globe, SAG, BAFTA and Academy Award for Best Actress.
8. One of her great-great-grandmothers was Italian, as she was born in Lucca, Tuscany.
9. Her middle name, Rose, is the first name of her grandmother.
10. She then studied English at Wadham College, Oxford, graduating with an upper second in 2006.
11. Jones began acting at 11 years at after-school workshop Central Junior Television funded by Central Television. She appeared in the first series of The Worst Witch.
12. Her longest and probably best known role overall was on the BBC Radio 4 soap opera The Archers, where she played Emma Carter .
13. In 2008, she appeared in the films Brideshead Revisited and Flashbacks of a Fool, In January 2009, the five-part TV serial The Diary of Anne Frank, in which Jones played the role of Margot Frank alongside Tamsin Greig , was broadcast on BBC One.