1. Jason Statham is an English actor, martial artist, and former diver.
2. He is known for his roles in the Guy Ritchie crime films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels .
3. He has also appeared in films such as the action thriller The Transporter trilogy .
4. In 2015, Statham starred in the latest entry in the The Fast and the Furious franchise, Furious 7, and made his comedic debut role in the Melissa McCarthy film, Spy.
5. He usually performs his own stage combat and stunts, and is noted for being typecast as an antihero.
6. Jones introduced him to football, and Statham went on to play for the local grammar school , which he had attended since the age of 11, a passion that he shared with diving.
7. Afterwards, he became a model for the clothing brand French Connection.
8. A spokesperson for the high street clothing chain said: “We chose Jason because we wanted our model to look like a normal guy.
9. While working as a model for French Connection, he was introduced to fledgling British director Guy Ritchie who was developing a film project and needed to fill the role of a street-wise con artist.
10. Cast alongside popular actors Brad Pitt, Dennis Farina and Benicio del Toro, and with the movie earning more than $80 million in box-office revenue, Statham was able to break into Hollywood and appeared in two movies in 2001: the science fiction action horror film Ghosts of Mars and the science fiction martial arts action film The One.
11. Statham was offered more film roles, and in 2002 he was cast as the lead role of driver Frank Martin in the action movie The Transporter, in which he was responsible for his own stunts .
12. He also played supporting roles in Mean Machine in which he played the lead villain.
13. In 2005, Statham was once again cast by Ritchie to star in his new project, Revolver, which was a critical and box office failure. He played a dramatic role in the independent film London in 2006.