1. Paul Lloyd Jr. (born 3 March 1981) is a South African professional wrestler, best known for his tenures in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), where he competed under the ring name Justin Gabriel, and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.
2. He is currently competing for Lucha Underground under the ring name PJ Black.
3. Debuting in 1997 aged 16, he competed in the United Kingdom and South Africa, and was the inaugural WWP World Cruiserweight Championship in World Wrestling Professionals as PJ Black.
4. In 2008, Lloyd signed a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment, and was assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), WWE’s developmental territory, where he won the FCW Florida Tag Team Championship, with Kris Logan, and the FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship.
5. In February 2010, he competed in the first season of NXT, finishing third, before being called to the main roster in June 2010 joining The Nexus.
6. Teaming regularly with Heath Slater, the duo won the WWE Tag Team Championship three times in 2010 and 2011, which was the apex of Gabriel’s success with WWE.
7. He also won the TNA King of the Mountain Championship during his brief GFW crossover appearances with the company in 2015.
8. Lloyd was originally trained by his father, Paul Lloyd, Sr., a promoter and wrestler in South Africa, who was also known by his ring name The Pink Panther. Lloyd grew up watching his father wrestle and in the early part of his training he used to practice in the backyard of his home, in which two rings were positioned.
9. Lloyd spent five years in the United Kingdom, where he trained with Frontier Wrestling Alliance.
10. He also made an appearance in International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom.
11. He debuted for the South African promotion World Wrestling Professionals (WWP) in 2005. His most notable feuds during his tenure in WWP were against Tornado, Dameon Duke, Mikey Whiplash, and Joe E. Legend.
12. On 1 November 2007, Black became the promotion’s inaugural World Cruiserweight Champion, by defeating The Playa in a match to determine the inaugural champion. Lloyd challenged unsuccessfully for the WWP World Heavyweight Championship against Joe E Legend on a WWP Thunderstrike episode that aired on 10 January 2009.
13. During the match he suffered minor burns to the face after a fireball spot did not go as originally planned, and he had to be treated at in hospital.
14. His final match in South Africa took place on 8 November 2008 at WWP’s bi-annual Carnival City Casino show, where he was defeated by Terri Middoux in front of a record attendance.